Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Canadian success story fails

Toronto shopping blogger Bargainista had a post recently on the bankruptcy sale for Just White Shirts.

The only Canadian e-commerce international success story will soon be unravelling.

(Please correct me if I'm wrong and there are other e-commerce website that have success beyond Canada.)

I searched, but couldn't find any details on the reason for Just White Shirts' demise (could it be their dorky name?). Their website does state that all says are final though due to their bankruptcy as of Dec. 13, 2006.

If anyone knows any details on this company, please share them.

I never shopped at Just White Shirts, as I once bought a shirt (from Sears.ca - the website I shop at the most after Amazon.ca) and it fit poorly and the colour was quite different, in a very bad way, from the website image. That ended my online shopping for clothes.

Nonetheless, there are so few Canadian e-commerce successes that it is sad to see one go.

1 comment:

Bargainista said...

Sorry, Glen. I couldn't find any info. either. I'm curious to learn if anyone else knows why they ran into difficulties.