Thursday, April 14, 2011

Update on My Research Plans

Yesterday, I presented for my faculty an update on my research status. It includes my intended research topic and plans.

I got some great feedback and even more things to read and even more angles to consider. I was originally very keen to examine how a given mobile application/site's interface and interactions affects usage and could possibly be improved. I've been encouraged to focus on advancing theory more so than any possible applied findings. But two of my panelists, both professors at iSchool encouraged me to continue with an applied focus too.

The presentation here as a stronger focus on the background theory and possible contributions therein.

To see the speaker notes, click through to the actual full presentation on Google and click to open the speaker notes pop-up.

Any suggestions thoughts would be great.

No comments: