Backbone Magazine, the website that picks up this blog, is currently running a contest to foster new Canadian technical innovation through their and Alpha Group's Start Me Up Campaign.
It is great to see Canadians supporting home-grown innovation, so I'm happy to share the contest details (excerpted from Backbone's website).
The Alpha Exchange Innovation Campaign is about finding inspired Canadian technology ideas, and helping entrepreneurs bring those ideas to the marketplace. The product or service can focus on any sector and use any type of technology.
Qualified entrants are early-stage companies, with revenue of no more than $2 million annually. Successful entrants will have a ready-to-sell product or service and a complete business plan and market analysis. Any business or technology sector is relevant.
The winner will receive:
- $20,000 in cash
- $65,000 in related products and/or service
- one year of mentoring and business assistance from a team of Canadian business and technology experts
- one year of on-going coverage in Backbone magazine and online
- $5,000 in cash $
- 10,000 in related products and/or services
- The deadline for entries is 11:59 PM Eastern on March 31, 2012.
- A live judging event will be held in Toronto on May 16, 2012
The competition application form is online at www.backbonemag.com/startmeup